Monday, December 24, 2007

Letter to My Mom

Christmas 1998
One of my favorite Christmas pictures of Mom, Dad, and all the grandkids!
(minus Paige and Abbi of course)
Front: Devin (5), Chase (4 mo), Mom, Jacob (3 mo), Kayleigh (4)
Back: Dad holding Samantha (21 mo)

Dearest Mom,

Here it is Christmas Eve again and I can't help but cry as I always do. I know you're with me, but I miss you so much. The kids are growing so fast and talk of you often. We tell Paige all the time how wonderful you were and she told her friends at school we made gobs of cookies like Grandma used to. She knows your pictures now and says your her Grandma in heaven. Chase gets sad now and then and wonders why you had to leave us so soon. It surprises me how much of you he remembers. But - you were always a special person and anyone whose life you touched remembers you fondly as well.

As the kids open their gifts tomorrow we'll talk about the angels that you gave them and how your gift to them is being an angel walking beside them.

Until we meet again

With Love and Laughter

Michelle

No comments: