Tuesday, October 14, 2008

When You Feel The Love of HIM...


(a post from Kayleigh)

"When you feel the love of him, nothing else in the world can bring you down. this past weekend was the ROCC Youth Ministry Fall Retreat '08 and i have to say it changed my life completely. it started out to me like i weekend that would be fun and we would worship and have bible study like any normal day at church. but i was wrong, i was way wrong. this weekend has been one of the most memorable of my life. our youth leaders are some of the most amazing people in the world, when they speak, it makes you want to break down and cry, it's so powerful. and the passion that they have for it is amazing, the way they preach is amazing. the theme was stepping up, taking the step up in your life to get to god, to know his love, to FEEL his love burning deep inside of everyone in the ministry, in myself.

on saturday while everyone was at activities, having fun and socializing together, i spent all day sitting in a windowsill, reexamining myself, the way ive lived, how much i want to let God into my life. i wrote it all down as i was thinking it, and i filled a notebook. every sin that i can remember that is growing on my conscience, i wrote it down. every doubt i was having about my life and how i could never earn His love, i wrote it down. its funny how it took me all day to realize something that is obvious. He loves everyone. ask for forgiveness and you will get it, be truthful and people will be true to you. its a new meaning to treat people the way you want to be treated.

i let God into my heart this weekend and i am completely changed.

something that shocked me and made me cry so much was the point when sonny asked who accepted jesus this weekend, my brother stood up. devin, im sorry if you get mad at me for putting this in here, but i am so proud to know that you have let Him into your life. i know that you go through tough times, probably much worse than mine. and i want you to know that i love you, i will always love you, youre my big brother (:.

ive learned so many things this weekend, one being that you shouldnt put 16 ppl in a van only fit for 10 haha. but ive learned that i am loved, that i can and have put my whole heart and faith in God and he will always be there. hes never going anywhere, he will always be with me, with every person. and for that i am so grateful."
Fall Retreat '08 October 3-5
... the turning point in my life.


2 comments:

The Portas said...

Wow! I'm so super impressed. You guys must be the proudest parents..... xooxo

Amber Rose said...

YAY!! I have a new brother and sister in Christ! :) Check this out for more info on how to continue in this incredible journey: http://startingwithgod.com/menunewlife.htm

Take care!! And HAPPY FALL! :)
~Amber Kinneer