Saturday, April 5, 2008

Can She Nap In Kindergarten?!


We've been very lucky with Paige and naptime! She's never fought us and 75% of the time she puts herself down for a nap right after lunch. I'm not talking about 30 minute snoozing either - she sleeps for 2-3 hours!!

We've been trying on the weekends to let her stay up through naptime, or just "rest" for about 30 minutes. She'll attend full day kindergarten in the fall and I'm pretty sure a 2 hour nap is not part of the curriculum!

Well, as you can see . . . we're not getting very far! I think she's the only 5 1/2 year old around who still needs and WANTS her nap!

So . . . any tips on getting her to STOP napping!?!?

(Mandy and Carrie . . . I suppose I shouldn't complain considering you're both in the middle of boot camp "nap" with your little ones!)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Bring her to my house and let her rub off on Margelle. LOL!
Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it. August is quite some time away and while it might be a bit of a shock to her system at first, she'll adjust in a week or so once school has started. She could even do some quiet time when she gets home. Another idea is to put her to bed an hour or two earlier with hopes that it will compensate for the nap time...if it was me, I'd ride that wave all I could and deal with it later. Sweet angel!!

Carrie and Scott said...

yes, hopefully with Tyler's nap training I will have a child that wants to nap or at least doesn't fight one. I would live it up if I were you...Mandy is right her body will get used to it once she starts school...plus I'm sure she'll be so excited!