Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday's Favorite Five!

Working the Week: I actually worked all week without getting sick or having to leave because one of the kids is sick!! Been a while since we've had such a healthy week! Gotta say - by the end of the week I was exhausted though!!

The Groomer: The gal at Aristocuts is on my list this week because she bathed my Andy and was able to get all his shedding hair off! I tried bathing Andy not long ago - I've decided it's best left to the professionals! She did a great job and Andy made a new friend with her. He absolutely loved the "spa treatment" he got while there!

Family: Mike's family is here this weekend for Kayleigh and Chase's First Communion at our church. They made the drive from Ohio and are able to spend two and a half days with us as we celebrate with the kids!

Two Date Nights: Mike and I always have our weekly "date night". It's something we started before Chase was born and it helps us stay in touch with eachother without the kids around. Well this week - I got TWO date nights!! Tuesday evening we went to dinner and then out to see Baby Mama at the theatre. Then - last night I got to go out and pre-screen Made of Honor with him. Movies were fair - but our time together was wonderful!

My Patients: I lost one of my favorite patients this week. She was a lady that was mean as snot to me while she was in my rehab unit, but I could see past that and knew deep down she was a wonderful lady. We were able to rehab her fractures, but unfortunately her cancer spread and she went home on hospice two weeks ago. I was able to be a part of making her strong enough to go home and live out the last few weeks of her life with her family in her home. This is WHY I do what I do!

So - there ya have it - my favorite five for the week!

G' Nite


No comments: