Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday's Favorite Five

1) Sitting on our back swing has been amazing. The trees are now fully green, the birds and squirrels are everywhere - it's so peaceful. I love sitting outside, or in my room looking out the big picture windows. Makes all the crazy things that happen throughout the day seem so meaningless in the bigger scheme of things.

2) Our vacation plans were finalized this week and the dates have been crossed off as "taken" on the website of the cabin we're renting with the Taylor-Schroeder family. We're so excited about spending time with them this summer.

3) Mike and I have had a lot of fun this week helping Kayleigh with her final middle school project - a full report with music, phots, display boards, and more on "The 70's". Introducing her to disco music, the "afro" hair-do, the group Queen, and more has had us laughing every night! Who knew a major school project could be so much fun!

4) The new Narnia movie was released this week. Although it took my husband out of the house for two nights because of problems building the movie at the theatre, the kids are excited about it! It's fun to see them so eager to see a movie!

5) Last for the week - more on a serious note - I feel like I witnessed a miracle this week! One of my very favorite patients, I'll call her Mrs. G., had a terrible fall this week. She's in her 90's and has been so very confused in recent weeks with declining strength, endurance, and health. After her fall - I was in shock! I have NEVER seen that much blood in my entire life. Looking at it - I thought to myself - how on earth is she still here with us! After several sutures in her head, lacerations in the lower eyelids even having bloody tears, bruises everywhere, face swollen with fluid and blood - she miraculously came through this, and is more "with it" than she has been in weeks! Mrs. G. was literally days from becoming a hospice patient. Since this fall she is walking, talking, and progressing again. It's as if she had the sense and strength knocked back into her when she fell. What an amazing, awesome reminder that there is a strength so much more powerful than us out there and WE cannot control when SHE goes Home to Him, only He does.

Hope you all had a great week!

No comments: