Sunday, May 18, 2008

Gonna Be A Long Night!

About an hour ago (around 12:30am) I heard a funny noise upstairs, then Andy barking. I ran upstairs to find Paige in the bathroom in a full-blown asthma attack, panicking, and turning grey. She was banging on the side of the tub real hard (probably to get my attention). I screamed for Kayleigh to ge the neb started for me - it helped and she finally regained some color and settled down.

She's now laying on her mat on the floor of our room (by me) quite restless. She's wheezing so loud and holding her breath on and off, so I can't rest either! She's also got the tell-tale seal bark croup cough now - which tells me she needs the oral steroids in addition to her regimen of daily Singulair and twice daily Flovent. Been this road many times before with her!

I called Mike at work - we're hoping to avoid the ER and get through the night. It's gonna be a LONG night!!
____________________

Update 2:00am: after a second Albuterol neb treatment she's resting very peacefully and breathing pretty good. Still wheezing, but not holding her breath and not restless. She is sleeping - so I'm going to try to get some sleep. We'll call Dr. H. in the morning.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Bless her heart. I have chills thinking of how scary this must be for you!! I know you've been through it many times before so I'm sure it's not as scary as it seems, but OMG! The last time PC turned gray was when he was an infant with his feedings (KNOCK ON WOOD). Prayers for healing!!

Carrie and Scott said...

wow...you are so strong and I know it's because your strong faith in God. I'm glad she is ok and that she knew how to get your attention.