Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday's Favorite Five

1 - Our marriage! As many of you read about earlier in the week - 20 years ago on Tuesday (June 3) we met. We celebrated by going out to dinner and just having "alone time" as Paige says! 20 years is something we've learned we have to work at - daily - by respecting eachother, loving eachother, laughing with eachother, and yes - even being mad at eachother once in a while!

2 - Summer is here! Sure - it's steaming hot - but it's gorgeous outside! Our rose garden is blooming, we have more strawberries than we know what to do with, and we even have 4 blueberry bushes that will be ready to pick soon. Loving every minute of it!

3 - The Farmers Market!!! I've been there many times with my mother-in-law Judy and my friend Dawnya when they come to visit. But - Mike had never been there. So - Sunday afternoon we drove to Greensboro! Came home with lots of herb plants, melon, fresh corn, and more. I think I've got him hooked!

4 - Music Music Music - Although I have to admit sitting through band concerts to watch my daughter play her flute is absolutely mind numbing and drives me insane . . . I have such a sense of pride in watching her! She played in her last concert of the year Thursday night - and it was actually a good concert this time with a lot of fun music.

5 - The nice man from the Chrysler dealership that saved the day today! As I was pulling out of Brookridge (where I work) the van felt "clunky". Sure enough - the back passenger tire had blown and the rim looked a bit funny. Our Chrysler Dealership (we drive a 2006 Town & Country) was right around the corner. He came to my rescue, filled the tire and followed me there - best part - DIDN'T CHARGE US EXTRA FOR IT! What a good samaritan!

That's it - hope you had a great week!

No comments: