Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday's Favorite Five

After a few weeks of slacking here - figured I'd better do another Friday Five! It's always good to stop and think about the GOOD things that happen during the week - so here I go!

1) My first this week is to my Dad and his wonderful wife! They have been taking care of Kayleigh and Chase for three whole weeks!! I really expected a call after the first week saying "come and get them!". But my Dad is so patient and loving, and his wife has been so accepting of our family - that they've enjoyed every minute of it! When I talk to the kids every night they talk about all the fun things they do. What a memory they will always have of my Dad and Cassie.

2) This week I've also been very thankful for COMPUTERS of all things! My employer suffered a major computer problem that wiped out many of our facilities computers - mine - fortunately - was NOT one of them. However, my sister facility in Greensboro was. I've done a lot of helping out to keep them up to date, getting reports done, etc. for them from my building. Even though my building was not directly affected, I see how affected others are. It's so funny how reliant we've become on technology! They take hours of work on paper and get it done in just minutes.

3) I'm also very thankful, again, for Devin. With Kayleigh and Chase gone - he's been my only help around the house. I've tried really hard to not make him feel like all he's done for 3 weeks is clean and babysit Paige. He's getting involved in youth group, going to friend's houses, and just hanging out in his room by hisself. But - when he has had to help out - he's no griped at all about it and he's done a fabulous job. Paige misses Kayleigh and Chase - but Devin has certainly kept her entertained when Mike and I have been away. I appreciate you, Devin!!

4) We have been blessed with rain!!! Lots of it!!! North Carolina has fought through a drought for the last two years - this year started off fair and then got dry - real dry! But this week we have had rain every single day - pushing the total for July to over 2 inches already. Sounds like a lot - but we are still over 12 inches behind and can certainly use all the rain we can get.

5) Last, but certainly not least, for this week - I'm thankful for all of you who have said a prayer for our little friend Elaina. She is well on her way to proving the doctors wrong and showing great signs of improvement over the last 24 hours. Her sats are up, they've weaned her nitrate, she's being weaned from her vent, and her c-diff is cleared! Any one of these things could have taken this sweet girls life - but through the power of prayer - she is still fighting.

Hope everyone else had a great week with things to be thankful for also!!


No comments: