Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday's Favorite Five Returns!

Sorry - I've slacked a bit on the Friday's Favorite Five! So - here we go again!

I'm thankful for:

1) Paige's ability to know herself!! Here's a conversation I had with her just last night. She was so hyper all evening - I finally came down to my room to sit on the couch in quiet and watch TV/read.

Paige: Mom, can I sit down here with you?
Me: Paige, only if you PROMISE that you can sit quietly and let me read my book in peace.
Paige: (pauses about 10 seconds) Hmmmmm... I think I'll go back upstairs because I don't think I can do that. (and off she goes!)

2) Chase's smile. What a week I've had at work between new patients, discharged patients, and even a few who passed away. Coming home to his smile every night just settles me right down and gets me smiling too!

3) Kayleigh's ability to create her own style and fashion! This child is truly gifted! She is able to cut apart clothes, recreate them by sewing them differently, and look like it came of a designer stores shelves! What a gift she has and she's making great strides towards making it her future career!

4) Devin's heart. I have watched Devin grow in his faith over the last months and watched him really start to care about people in his life. What an amazing power God has over this child! He has a best friend going through a tough time right now. This friend's Mom told me this week that Devin sent HER an email saying he's there for his friend and he's praying for their family. Wow!

5) My husband, Michael. Plain and simple. This man works hard, loves all, and is our rock. Michael - I love you always!

Bottom line - I am so thankful for my family and the qualities they each bring to our home.