Saturday, October 4, 2008

Woo Hoo! I'm Healthy!

I do NOT like needles in any way, shape, or form. It's always a big joke when I have to get a shot or labwork done because I pass out 95% of the time and Mike thinks it's hysterical (gee, thanks honey!).

About 18 months ago, Mike and I really started to watch what we eat and exercise a little more. So, this week, I had my first true complete workup since the birth of Paige. The lipid panel came back - and much to my surprise - it was a great report!

Triglycerides - 66 (desirable less than 149)
Cholesterol - 191 (desirable less than 200)
HDL "Good Cholesterol" - 49 (desirable over 35)
LDL "Bad Cholesterol" - 129 (desirable less than 130)

Add to that my blood pressure 124/82 and I'm still losing weight - down another 8 pounds from just a month ago at an appointment.

Feels great to be healthy!


1 comment:

Mandy said...

Wow!!! That's some great news and 8 pounds down in a month. That's awesome!