Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Another Year Goes By...

My Favorite Christmas Picture of Mom, Dad, and the Grandkids
(minus Paige and Abbi!)
Devin on the left, Kayleigh on the right; Mom holding Chase on the left and Jake on the right; Dad holding Samantha
Christmas 2008

Dearest Mom,

Another year goes by, another Christmas Eve we spend remembering the years we had with you.

The cookies are baked, the presents are wrapped, and the Christmas music is playing non-stop. The kids are all so excited about tonight's Christmas Eve dinner and coming home to read the story of Baby Jesus, and then opening their first gift for the year and then they'll anxiously drift off to sleep.

Tomorrow is the big day though... the day that they'll all open gifts. Mike and I are looking forward to their smiles more than they are looking forward to the gifts, I'm sure! I promise we'll be talking about you as well, how your gift to them is being the Angel walking beside them each and every day.

I miss you so very much, words cannot describe it. Though it would be so selfish of me to want you here with us when I know you are spending your Christmas in the glorious heavens pain and cancer free; I still wish you were here. To see you one more time, to tell you one more time Merry Christmas, to watch you dance around on Christmas day with the kids to that Patti Page album just one more time.

My heart and love is with you always!

Merry Christmas!

Michelle


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR LETTER TO MOM EVERY YEAR. CHRISTMAS IS SO VERY HARD TO GET THRU WITHOUT HER HERE WITH US. WE ALL MISS HER SO MUCH. I LOVE YOU ALL.
aUNT RITA