Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm Gonna Start a Tally...

On the amount of money we've spent on Devin's accidents, injuries, and emergencies. He comes to me tonight and says "maybe I should borrow the crutches"... you know that can't be good!

Come to find out, he rolled his ankle in track about 4 weeks ago and didn't bother to tell us, he just kept running on it... FOR 4 WEEKS! Then - Tuesday he rolled it again and KEPT RUNNING ON IT! So tonight it was finally bothering him enough to ask for help.

So off to Primecare we went... a few x-rays and tests later he's in a walking cast for the next 3 weeks. Seems he now has an "anterior tibiofubular ligament injury"!! In English that means that he sprained it a month ago and was a goofball who kept running on it so he made it a whole lot worse! According to the doc it's the least common ankle sprain, but the most serious and hardest to heal....

I can't contain my excitement... and by the look on his face in this pic I don't think he can either!




No comments: