Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Yep... I'm Definitely Frazzled...

I started a Bible Study tonight with 18 other women from our church and neighboring churches. I left there feeling so not alone being so frazzled all the time... the Bible Study: The Frazzled Female.

To start - why am I frazzled? Wow! I can come up with HUNDREDS of reasons I'm sure...

- Being the Mom of 4 (amazing) kids who always have something going on... doctors appointments, school events, sleep overs, illnesses, etc.

- Being the wife to a (fabulous) husband who works crazy hours and is on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

- Trying to keep the house in pristine shape "just in case" someone were to happen to stop by... wouldn't want anyone seeing how we REALLY live!

- Trying to find time for Mike and I to "date" so that we maintain that spark in our relationship.

- Trying to find time for me to unwind, yet also deal with the kids who greet me at the door before the van is even turned off because they've miss me all day.

- Being the only treating Occupational Therapy therapist for the last few months AND trying to manage my department as a whole

The list could go on and on.... but, where does frazzled get me? Nowhere!

Tonight, I realized what's missing... GOD! He's always here waiting for me, but I never talk to him. I never stop for a second to give it all up to Him, to trust Him. Even if it's just to say "HELP! I need Your help, God!".

Psalm 29:11 says "The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace." When we need His strength and we seek it, He is there. He blesses us with peace for our families, peace with our worries, peace with our weaknesses, peace for our lives. But we have to open up and go to Him, trust in Him, to get the peace we need to un-frazzle our life.

I am going to immediately plan time for God each and every day. I'm going to make it a point to spend time each and every day with God and give up all my worries, all the things that make me frazzled, and have faith in Him that he will provide me with the peace to know He is always there.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi and I love you all so much. I really miss you. Thank God for your site so I can somewhat keep up with you. Wish you all the best. Rem God is godd all the time.
Aunt rita