Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bring the Rain



Mike and I have been married for almost 18 years and what a roller-coaster it has been. We have endured 3 miscarriages, the life threatening illness of our son, premature births, the loss of my Mom and many other loved ones, crazy injuries, heartache, pain, and so much more. I guess you could say we've been through a lot of "rain"... and even more "storms". So many, that if I wasn't living this life myself I wouldn't believe it could all happen to one family.

We sang this song, 'Jesus, Bring the Rain', in church Sunday and it brought me to tears. It's a song about praising God and having Faith, even after all the troubles, heartache and pain in life. After each storm we've endured, we are always stronger in the end we've always gotten through. Believe me, I'm the first to admit there were times when we had given up on God even caring but He was, and is, always there to see us through and it's after the storm is passed that we are able to see how great our God is and how He held our hand through the rain.

So yes... if the pain is what shows us Your great glory and love for us... Jesus, Bring the Rain.



No comments: