Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Dawnya!

I really believe that people come and go in our lives at certain times for a purpose. Some people come into our lives, and just become family. Dawnya is one of those people.

She and I met in 1998. She actually interviewed me for a job at Hirons & Company Advertising and we immediately clicked! It wasn't long that our families met and we began spending time with each other outside of work. In January of 2001 I moved 4 hours north and she moved 2 hours south. But - our friendship continued.

Just before Easter of 2001 we headed to Evansville for the first time to spend a weekend with them. It was then that I knew why she came into my life...

For many years, Mike had questioned his faith. We had been through a lot by that point in our life and it was tough for him to understand how a God who loved him could present him with so many trials in life. But that weekend our lives were forever changed. We attended Crossroads Christian Church with Dawnya and Neal that weekend and our lives were forever changed. I remember driving home that Sunday afternoon and Mike saying it was time for us to find a church home for our family.

Sure - since then - we've continued to have trials in our life, and times where our faith has been weaker. But our God is right there with us, reminding us that He is in control and to trust in Him!

I am so very blessed to have Dawnya in my life, and in our life! In the 11 years we have been friends we have cried together, laughed together, vacationed together, and most importantly... prayed together. I look forward to continuing this amazing friendship that God has created!

Happy Birthday Dear Friend!



1 comment:

Dawnya Taylor said...

You have blessed me in ways too numerous to count. I remember when you're mom was dying and we would spend hours together on the phone. God would prompt me to pray for you (outloud) and I would argue (in my head). Eventually, I was faithful and it blessed us both.

I love your kids like they were my own. You are closer than a good bit of our "blood" family. Thank you so much for being my friend.