Monday, January 11, 2010

It's Gonna Be a Long 12 Years!


Mike and I are not oblivious to the fact that Paige is a hand-ful... we've known for a LONG time that she's gonna be the one to push us over the edge. Seriously... this picture is a picture of her during one of her tantrums... and, remember... when she was 5 she DID climb out her bedroom after we sent her to her room! I even joked with my sister, Cassi, recently that the good Lord gave me her baby by accident (if you know my sis, you know she gave Mom a run for her money in her younger years as well!).

Anyhow - at the beginning of this school year, we warned Paige's soft spoken super sweet teacher that Paige HAS to know UP FRONT who is in charge, or there's gonna be problems. Well, she didn't heed that warning very well. Since the beginning of the school year we've had multiple phone calls, notes sent home, emails, etc. We had a phone call her very first day back after the 2 week Christmas break saying she pushed a desk because she got mad someone wouldn't play with her... that desk accidentally fell over on another child! We were asked for a behavioral plan and my response was "send her to the principal's office!".

Apparently the teacher thought I was kidding... who knows! But today, got another phone call right after school. The teacher tells me that Paige "was very defiant and disruptive in class today" and she wanted to know what to do about it. When I asked her if she sent her to the principal's office, her response shocked me! I was told that their policy is to NOT send a child to the principal's office for behaviors and they'd have to have written permission to do it!

Seriously!?! What on earth has this world came to that I have to give permission for my child to be reprimanded by the school for disrupting a class!?! When I was in school we were taken out in the hallway and had the "board" firmly whacked on our behind! It's no wonder the schools have so many issues with kids!

Well.. the permission slip has been written and the daughter has been grounded from everything possible! The husband is royally ticked off at both the daughter AND the school and me, the wife, just needs a drink tonight!



2 comments:

Mandy said...

OMG! Love it!! Hang in there. It will get better!

The Portas said...

I cannot believe you have to give permission for your child to be (appropriately) reprimanded in school?? Well, good job, you guys, for staying on top of that. I have a feeling Elijah is going to follow in Paige's footsteps someday. :) Hang in there and I hope the drink helped! xo