Saturday, March 20, 2010

What Goes 'Round... Comes 'Round!

Well... after feeling MISERABLE for 4 days and a Minute Clinic visit that was an hour of my life wasted, I went to MY doctor's office on Friday afternoon. Turns out - their strep test was POSITIVE and I had a lovely sinus infection brewing, huge tonsils, and a bit of an asthmatic type of cough going on that the doctor got to witness! So, he put me on steroids and antibiotics.... 24 hours later, I'm finally feeling a little bit of relief!

But... while I was AT the doctor's office, he asked me what took me so long to come in. I explained to him I went to the Minute Clinic thing on Wednesday night, and I told him how awful of an experience it was. He pressed for more details, so I gave him the WHOLE story! He then asked me which Minute Clinic I went to, so I told him. Then wanted to know who the NP was. I couldn't remember her name, but I told him she didn't speak much English. He smiled and said "oooohhh... that's Elena... I'll have a chat with her. I'm her supervisor!".

HA!

Turns out, my doctor is the Supervising MD for the Robinhood Road Minute Clinic!

What goes 'round, comes 'round, Elena! Maybe next time she'll use a bit more clinical judgement and a bit less computer clicking!

No comments: