Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I was at the mall earlier in the week with Mike. As soon as I walked through the doors, the signs were everywhere.. Celebrate Mom, Great Mother's Day Gifts, Show Mom You Love Her... I found myself walking straight ahead, trying not to notice. Then, we walked in Hallmark to look at clearance items and Mike disappeared. As I turned the corner I saw him... reading Mother's Day cards for his Mom. Instantly, I fell into tears and had to leave the store.

I know it isn't fair to my own kids, but I really struggle with Mother's Day because I don't have her to share it with. I don't have my Mom to tell her thank you for all that you've taught me. I don't have her here to say Thank You to.

So - for those of you who still have your Mom by your side, love her and spend time with her on this day. Make sure she knows that you are grateful for all she's done in your life.

For those of you like me, who are missing your Mom terribly. Rejoice in her memory and be thankful for all you learned from her.

Mom, I miss you more than words could ever describe. I am so very grateful for the time we had with you, regardless of how short it was. I learned to be a wife, mother, and friend by watching you; and for that, I am forever grateful.





1 comment:

Mandy said...

Love it! What a beautiful tribute!! Hugs to you and yours!