Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Mom




Dear Mom,

So hard to believe that this is our 8th Christmas without you, it seems it was just yesterday that we traveled through a horrible snowstorm (illegally!) to spend that last Christmas by your side. Didn't matter what it took, Mike and I were determined to make it to your house, and that we did! I will forever hold that day in my heart, watching you smile at the grandkids and take it all in; as we tried to hold back tears knowing it was your last.

This year was another crazy year here... broken bones, hospitalizations, sick kids, new jobs, new house, and more. Yet, as busy as we get, we still remember you daily and often talk of you to the kids. When we were home in October we shared many pictures and memories with the kids and told many stories from when we were growing up.

This Christmas has been a bit different for us. It's the first Christmas in many years that we have really focused on the birth of Jesus, and His role at Christmas and in our every day lives. It has made it so much more from the heart! Paige and Kayleigh participated in our church's Christmas program honoring his birth, and this morning, Paige sat on my lap as we read The Story of Jesus. I can only imagine how you celebrated this year, at His side for His big birthday party!

Last year I started something new with the kids, in honor of you and something you did for us each and every year. Each of the kids got a Christmas coloring book and crayons and the tag said From Your Angel Grandma in Heaven. I never ever want a Christmas to go by where we all don't remember how much we enjoyed Christmas with you and the little things you did.

I miss you more than I could ever put into words. What I wouldn't give for one more Christmas right here by your side, to see you smile taking in the joy and laughter of all the kids! But, I know I have many more Christmas's by your side when we are reunited in Heaven someday.

Until then, we'll hang on to every last memory of you and continue to tell the kids how special you were and still are!

Love always,

Michelle



No comments: