Thursday, June 9, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?


We've all heard it...
We've all been warned...
But do we really listen to it?

That bit of advice where people look at the baby in your arms and say "awwww... precious.... enjoy the time now because before you know it they are all grown up"!

This weekend our oldest child, Devin, graduates from high school. I have found myself saying over and over the last few months "I SWEAR... I JUST changed his diaper yesterday!!". That bit of advice really went in one ear and out the other apparently because I just didn't "get it" until now.

On Saturday, Devin will walk across that stage to be handed his diploma, and walk off the stage onto a new road of life. On Sunday, he turns 18 and becomes an "adult"... all in the same weekend!

I am so very proud of all he has accomplished the last 18 years! He has always been an honor student; he has ran track, cross country, and winter track and won many ribbons and awards; he has been an amazing big brother to 2 sisters and a little brother; he has held an almost full time job for the last year and a half; he has bought his first car; he has been accepted into college; he has preached (given the message) at his church youth group twice; he has led students to Christ; and he has done so much more that isn't even listed!

Devin, I cannot wait to see how God uses you in this thing called life! I know you are going to do big things, I love you with all of my heart and could not be more proud of you!!

- Love Mom



No comments: