Sunday, November 24, 2013

Our Cornerstone


This last week has been a beat down on us...  our trusted neurologist at Mayo being overbooked and Mike's appointment getting pushed to JANUARY and we're just in limbo with Mike still not able to work due to pain, dizziness, fatigue, and all the other fun stuff that comes with Chiari; and 2 days from now marks 4 months of him being off work.  My emotions have gone from angerness to bitterness to sadness to confusion to doubt to worry to frustration, and then starts all over again!  Admittedly, I have not gone to my knees ONCE this week about it all...  I've let my emotions and frustrations take over...   (insert head hung down in shame).

I was texting back and forth with John Friday afternoon (our friend and pastor) and told him we were feeling discouraged after the events of the last few weeks, especially this week.  He shared with me that he's prayed a lot over Mike's health and, lately, he really feels like we are nearing the end of not having answers, that he really feels like God is about to do big things and that Mike will feel better, like a switch just fixes it, and that God is going to use this all for big big things.  I shared that text with Mike Friday night as we t.alked through what the next few months could look like as we wait to see the neurologist in January.

Sunday mornings we have Riverview Church at John and Laurie's house, it's something I look forward to every week.  Digging into the word with friends, fellowship, and solid prayer.  Saturday afternoon John called to tell us that this week would be cancelled because they are out of town for the holiday and forgot to tell us.  My heart kind of sunk and again, felt discouraged.  After the week we had, I really longed for that time together and it felt like the one place I know I can find comfort was yanked away.

About 30 minutes after talking to John, I saw a post on Facebook about Radiant Church.  It's a church I've gone to several times before we started officially meeting as Riverview on Sundays.  I texted Jen and we decided that we'd take the girls and go.  Before going to bed last night I spent some time reading my Bible and prayed for that same peace that John has....  a glimpse of an end to Mike's "suffering" close and tha tlife will soon return to "normal"...  whatever that may be!  This morning, Paige and I got up and around, picked up Jenni and Juli, and headed to Radiant.

 Little did I know how much I needed just a time of worship!  This one song imparticular touched me in a big way...  Hillsong United 'Cornerstone'.   With all the storms we go through in life, the fears we have, the weakness we have.  There is only one place that we can put our trust.  One source of hope.  One Cornerstone.

 I've heard the song several times on the radio and sang along as we drove from point A to point B, but never did it touch me like this morning.  I haven't done a good job of putting my trust in Him lately.... and suddenly felt it all being released to Him.As we sang my hand were held high and eyes closed with tears falling.....

Christ alone; Cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Saviors love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all!

In that moment, my right hand suddenly felt warm...  comforted.  It was as if God Himself was reaching down and holding my hand and telling me "I've go this!  I am that one Cornerstone and you can fully trust in Me!".

I left there having that same peace that John told me he has.  God's got this and there is going to be such a story ahead of us, the steadfast love of God through the struggles, trials, pain, and suffering that Mike has had is going to be an awesome one that He will use to grow us closer to Him and to draw people closer to Him through it.




No comments: