Monday, April 13, 2015

12 Years and Not a Day Goes By I Don't Think About Her....


I can't believe it's been 12 years since the day Mom left us.  It was a beautiful Palm Sunday morning...  much like today.  Shortly before 10am she was surrounded by many of her family...  my sister and I, her siblings, her parents, my Dad's sisters, and my father holding her hand tightly.  We were all telling her we loved her, we would be ok without her.  They were the hardest words to ever say to the woman that we never wanted to let go of.  Finally, when we let our guards down, my Aunt Jeanie started talking about a singing, dancing, hamster gift and we ALL started laughing hard.  Probably the first laughter in that house in several days.  It was then, at 10am,  that Mom opened her eyes for the first time in about a week, looked at us, and then left this world for a world of no more pain or suffering.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about Mom.  She was my best friend, my first teacher, my confidant, and truly my hero.  I can't say that it ever gets easier to be here without her and I miss absolutely everything about her.

A wonderful friend once told me each day without her is a day closer to seeing her again and being reunited at the side of Jesus.  That is the promise that I will hang on to!

Jeremiah 31:13(b) - "I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorry"


No comments: