Sunday, March 16, 2008

Devin Drives for the First Time!!

"Uhh . . . How do I put it into drive again???"

I took Devin to the church parking lot this afternoon to drive for the first time! Paige decided she wanted to go as well. The parking lot has circle drives, one way aisles, a few cars were parked, and there are various types fo parking places - good place to go and learn! He did soooo well!! He was thrilled!

We left there and headed home - he thought he was done! Ha! After we turned onto Summerglen Drive - I pulled over and said - "OK - now take me home.". He yelled "No way! There's mailboxes here" to which I replied "Yep - and a dog on the side of the road right there too - better be careful"!

He cautiously drove the 1/2 mile down Summerglen towards our drive into the woods. I jumped out to move Paige's bike and told him to go ahead and pull in the garage - he looked terrified! Then - Mike comes out and looks just panicked!! Mike said "No Way! Don't Let Him!". But - he did - and he did it perfectly!

My baby boy is growing up sooooo quickly!! I'm so proud of all he does!!


"Holy Cow! I'm really doing this!!"

"Please Mom - Don't stand in front of me while I'm parking!!"
(if you look closely you can see Paige in her carseat smiling from ear to ear!)

1 comment:

Verna Scott said...

How old was he when you taught him how to drive? Looks like he did well, despite the terrified expression on his face. Yeah, parking has always been the most difficult part to learn. Particularly, if you’re driving manual. And don't get me started on parallel parking. Haha! Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Verna Scott @ Greenville Driving School