Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Crean & Crimson!!!!!!

Ok, so I do not usually have anything to do with posting the family blog, but tonight I'm hijacking this beast for the news that my family and friends expect me to contribute. My beloved Hoosiers now have their new leader in place....Coach Tom Crean!!!

After suffering through six years of mundane apathy under Mike Davis, and the horrors of NCAA infractions brought upon us through two years of a great coach but wretched telephone addict in Kelvin Sampson, I am confident that we have now have the right coach in place.

Coach Crean spent nine years as the Head Coach of Marquette, accumulating a 190-96 record that included five NCAA appearances and a Final Four appearance in 2003. He believes in discipline, hard work, and the concept of the student-athlete (every player that has spent their entire college eligibility playing for him has graduated). He is renowned for taking "average" players and turning them into NBA-caliber talents. In his press conference today he also presented himself in a way that has all IU fans inspired...he was very much like Coach Hep in his demeanor, language, and enthusiasm to not only represent IU, but also the State of Indiana. This is a coach that even my Buckeye loving relatives will respect and enjoy having in the Big Ten.

I have no false illusions of what the first couple of years may be like for him...we haven't even heard the final say from the NCAA regarding Sampson's infractions, but after the first few years I am certain that IU will be in the running to see a heck of a lot of this:



No comments: