Tuesday, April 22, 2008

How About a Few Updates

First of all - Grandma is back at the nursing home and seems to be doing better than she has in months. Family says she's up talking and even eating some again. What wonderful news!

Chase is doing well. He's in week 2 of his aspirin therapy now and we expect to be hearing about our next lab appointment soon. He really is an amazing, resiliant child! Still smiling ear-to-ear with that big goofy grin of his!

Devin is running his last track meet tonight at Reagan. I'm not there with him - which upset me more than I could tell you, but Mike is there cheering him on. He's had a great freshmen season! We're so proud of him.

Kayleigh has been preparing for a skit on the story of Anne Frank. She and one of her friends have spent hours prepping for it and have done an awesome job!

Paige has been quite the handful! After church Sunday she had a royal tantrum so Mike put her in her room - she tried to escape causing him to have to hold the door shut for about 10 minutes before it got quiet - we assumed she was asleep. Well - we should know by now not to assume anything with that child - SHE CLIMBED OUT HER BEDROOM WINDOW!! Fortunately it was onto our front porch and I was in the living room so I saw her. We are totally in for it with her!

Mike is once again caring for me! Above you read I couldn't go to Devin's track meet . . . that's because I spent several hours yesterday at the doctor again and having chest x-rays only to be told I have pneumonia in my right lung. So - I'm stuck at home "resting" and taking 5 meds that are gagging me to no end!

Until next time . . .

2 comments:

Carrie and Scott said...

I hope you are feeling better...lots of prayers from Savannah.

Mandy said...

OMG! I am so sorry! Bless your heart. Paige certainly knows how to get what she wants. I swear I fear the same thing with my 3 1/2 year old daughter and her window is on the 2nd floor!! OUCH!!! If you don't want to have to hold her in, you can put a child proof knob on the inside of the door. We only use this in extreme cases where she's been slamming the door over and over again, but it will keep them in and you won't have to hold it, of course you'll want to keep an eye on the front porch. LOL! We've put furniture in front of the windows and hope that will deter her for now. :)