Friday, April 11, 2008

Isn't She Sweet . . .


Many of you know the story of Kayleigh and her "blue baby". But for those who don't - the jist of it is - my Mom (Kayleigh's Grandma obviously) bought this blue baby (it's actually a My First Cabbage Patch) for Kayleigh when she was born. Kayleigh was not much bigger than blue baby actually - being premature herself. Immediately - she latched on to the thing and has been sleeping with it for almost 14 years now . . . it even goes on trips with us in the car.

I had to get through her room one night this week to get to her bathroom - sure enough - she was cuddling her blue baby while she was sleeping just like she has for years. I snapped a picture of it, much to her dismay the next morning when I showed her!!

She may be a teenager, but part of her is still my baby girl.


No comments: