Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve at Pilot Mountain



Despite it being 48 degrees and 50mph winds - we spent the morning hiking Pilot Mountain with Dawnya, Neal, and all the kids. We froze.... but it was gorgeous!! The sky was a beautiful blue and was so clear! So absolutely GLORIOUS!

Dawnya and Neal are good friends of ours from Indiana. In 2004 during one of our visits to their house in Evansville, we attended their church with them. That weekend we left their home KNOWING that we needed to do more for our family, we needed to find a church home that we would all enjoy and grow in. They have played a crucial part in our family's growing faith and we continue to grow every day! What a blessing it is to have them here with us to celebrate the New Year!

This past Sunday, one of the Elders at our church gave the weekly sermon. He talked about the New Year being a Revolution instead of making selfish New Year's Resolutions: Instead of the resolutions being about me.... they should be about God. It got me really thinking... there's a lot that I don't let Him into... that's what I need to change!!

This year...

1) I will let go of trying to control my life and let Him take the reigns. When He is in control all comes together as a part of His perfect plan.

2) I will let go of worry. If you know me I am bad about this! I will have faith that He will provide in times of need.

3) I will bring Him into our home on a daily basis. In our every day life, this often gets pushed aside. Coming home late from practices and work we often rush through dinner and scurry the kids off to bed... not taking the time for proper prayers of thanks and praise at mealtimes and bedtimes.

4) I will step out of my comfort zone and participate in a small group this year. My lack of knowledge of the Bible has always shied me away from joining a small group. I'm always afraid of sounding "stupid" for asking questions or asking for explanation. This is a huge thing for me, but what a better way to come closer to Jesus!

Happy New Year to All and May God Bless Each and Every One of You Abundantly in 2009!!!



1 comment:

Carrie and Scott said...

small groups are awesome! our closest friends in Savannah are from our small group...they'll do anything for you. and the point of a small group is to learn...I am always the one asking the stupid questions.