Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Day At The Ice...



We must really like the cold.... New Years Eve we hiked in wind and cold weather, New Year's Day... we ice skated!!!

Dawnya and I took the 4 younger kids (Paige, Chase, Emmi, and Abram) to LJVM Coliseum to skate. We were certain that Abe would out-skate us all considering he's a hockey player... but I gotta say, the girls did pretty good too!

The first go-round Paige would NOT let go of me, but 2nd time around she was on her own! By the time we left she was saying to me "Go AWAY Mom! You're taking all my focus and making me fall!" Emmi gained confidence the longer we skated also. Chase even did great... after we realized he put his skates on the wrong feet!

Dawnya and I are both wiped! We had fun... but it was definitely a workout!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Makes me want to take Margelle. Looks like fun!

The Portas said...

How funny that by the end she was saying, "Go away, Mom!" Hee hee, that gave me a little laugh. The ice skating looks so fun! I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Happy New Year to you all! May 2009 bring great things...xoxox