Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma McMahon

Today would have been Grandma McMahon's 81st birthday. I miss just hearing her voice on the phone every week, and miss talking to her about memories of my Mom and her telling my kids stories of my Mom.

I also have such fun memories of visiting her and "Pap-Pap" when I was a kid. My favorite memories will always be the nights that we would travel and get to their house late at night. She'd always be at the kitchen table waiting for us with fresh kielbasa and colby-jack cheese from the Convenient store she worked at down the road. We'd nibble on it little by little in hopes of staying up even later. Meanwhile, Pap-Pap was snoring like crazy in the lounge chair in the living room with his dog on his lap... claiming he was trying to stay awake for us to get there! It was always a special treat when we were there!

I know that Mom and Grandma are celebrating together in the Glorious Heavens.

Until then...

Love and Miss you!

"Shell"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, THAT WAS VERY KIND, I DIDN'T THINK ANYONE REM. I LOVE YOU
aUNT RITA