Thursday, November 5, 2009

Another Day In the Life...

Chase got hurt last period of the day yesterday in PE playing football. A kid grabbed Chase's ankle as they were going down and it "popped". The teacher packed it in ice and sent him home on the bus telling the bus driver to take Chase to our driveway... normally he has 1/2 mile walk. Get this - NO ONE CALLED US! Chase hopped in the house sobbing! Made some phone calls to docs and decided to wait to see ortho today - was fairly certain that it wasn't broke, just sprained badly. This morning - called the school to complain only to find out the teacher didn't even report it to the office!!! The principal called me back apologizing over and over again assuring me that "corrective action would be taken with the teacher" because their policy is to not send a child home with an injury. Took Chase to ortho at 3pm... I was wrong... IT'S BROKE IN THE GROWTH PLATE!!!!! So - he's now sporting a lovely blue cast and is quite proud of it!!


We weren't home 10 minutes and heard a bloody scream from the bathroom... Paige slammed her thumb in the door and yep... IT'S BROKE!

So... I just popped a Woodchuck Amber Cider to chill out for the night! Though I've been told I better be careful how much I drink... might have to take someone else to the ER at the rate we're going!!!

No comments: