Sunday, December 27, 2009

So... How'd We Do?

With 2009 winding down to the end, I went back and looked at our resolutions... or "Revolutions" as described in this New Year's Eve post... to see how I did.

Last year - our "Revolutions" were:

1) I will let go of trying to control my life and let Him take the reigns. When He is in control all comes together as a part of His perfect plan.

I think I did a better job here! I have had doors open and walked through them with great blessings in the end.

2) I will let go of worry. If you know me I am bad about this! I will have faith that He will provide in times of need.

This year has been full of one trial after another, but I have intentionally stepped back and let things work themselves out, knowing that He is there to guide and provide. Guess what... He didn't let me down!

3) I will bring Him into our home on a daily basis. In our every day life, this often gets pushed aside. Coming home late from practices and work we often rush through dinner and scurry the kids off to bed... not taking the time for proper prayers of thanks and praise at mealtimes and bedtimes.

I have to admit, this is still one area we struggle in our every day life. Just this week, I had the perfect opportunity to pray with our family, and instead I choked up and didn't. I don't know if it's a fear, or just an intimidation of praying out loud, but I let Him down and I let myself down. This will continue to be an area that we work on as a family.

4) I will step out of my comfort zone and participate in a small group this year. My lack of knowledge of the Bible has always shied me away from joining a small group. I'm always afraid of sounding "stupid" for asking questions or asking for explanation. This is a huge thing for me, but what a better way to come closer to Jesus!


I did it!!! I joined a FABULOUS small group last winter and I have been richly blessed beyond imagination with what I've learned, my faith, fellowship, and more!

So, how did you do?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

We are so parallel, it's almost scary. LOL.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.