Monday, March 21, 2011

Lessons From My Daughter...

Kayleigh wrote this tonight in response to the death of Brooke Edwards, another classmate of hers who died too soon.. We, as parents, are supposed to be ministering to our children. But often, in my house, our kids minister to us through things like this...

--------

Hey guys, status updates only allow about 420 characters so I used my knowledge and common sense for a change to figure out writing a note would be easier. This won't take long but please read it, and I apologize for the capitals, I figured it would get your attention. Feel free to share this if you think it'll help people, I'm hoping it helps you.

As you all know by now, this year is not easy, and it feels like we're under a big, dark rain cloud that has no intentions of going away. Four amazing people have been lost at Reagan this year, and many more around the community without our knowledge; but our family is hurting. Loved ones have been lost, best friends, sisters, brothers, cousins. I'm not writing this to make you all more upset, but to let you know you are not alone in this storm.

Everything happens for a reason. Most of the time, that reason is unknown to us, but it always appears later, showing us what we were missing during the rain. Things happen that hurt and cause pain, make us weep and angry, but no matter how amazing or how terrible something that happens is, God has something greater planned when we trust Him, trust each other and help each other through it. Right now, something completely amazing must be planned for us, other wise we would not be under attack from the enemy, from the one who wants to tear us down. That gives me more hope, more faith in knowing that there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

You are not alone, guys, never. It may feel like you're walking alone. Maybe you're asking yourself, why, why is this happening to us? Why to the sweetest people, they don't deserve this, why are You letting this happen? But truth is, you are far from alone. Look at the faith and the love that you guys have all brought together to support each other this year, look how close and how far we have come from the beginning of the year, and even farther back. You guys are truly blessed, each and every one of you. You're blessed with families, friends, amazing talents, opportunities, lives, and memories, and you have been put here for a reason. Those who we have lost held faith in their hearts, and I have full faith that they are with God now, watching down over us, being our guardian angels when the storm never seems to end.

Keep the faith, don't lose the hope and everything because it seems as if nothing is going to get better. I promise you, it will. We are a family, and we need to stick together, support each other, pray for one another, love on everyone. Don't let any person go without knowing they are loved, because each and every one of you is loved and cherished and taken care of. Not one of you isn't good enough, for everything. We aren't perfect, but that makes us all connected. In these times, hold your memories close, God closer and surround yourself with friends and those who love you. Cherish the moments you have, because we are not promised tomorrow. Time isn't meant to be wasted holding anger to things that we couldn't have prevented. Brooke's death was an accident, nothing could have stopped it, its not Brooke's fault, or the drivers. God wanted his angel back. Nick was an accident, the ice froze moments before and no one could have stopped it. I worried for the longest time, wishing I had talked to him longer that morning, thinking if I had, he would still be here, but I realize now that nothing I had done could have prevented it. Don't blame yourselves, or God, or others. Everything that happens is for a reason.

I love you guys. I know its crazy to think one person can love people they don't even know, but truth is, no one has ever given me good enough reason to not care about them, even if I don't know you. God loves you, and He has a plan for your lives, and for these moments that are difficult and that tear us down. Keep the faith and trust in Him, and trust in each other. We can make it through if we act like a family, no matter what race, girl/boy, dorky/cool, we are all the same, we are all family and we are strong enough to make it through.

Keep the faith, hold the hope, never give up and never let go. When you see only one set of footprints in the sand, that is when He carries you.

Stay strong, guys, we are a family.

Jeremiah 29:11 "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

Psalm 23:4 "Lord though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me."





No comments: