Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dear Mom...



Boy lately I've been missing you more! It's not a holiday, not your birthday or anniversary, no special day.... but I can't get you off my mind.

With the kids getting older, 2 being teenagers, I sure wish you were around to remind me that I "did the same thing when I was that age" to help me reason with them. You always handled things so well.

At the same time, the kids are all deserving of praise and I find myself wanting to pick up the phone and tell you what they did each day! Devin is again proving to be top of his class and has such a future in front of him! Kayleigh, as a freshman, has made first chair flute over the entire concert band! Chase is having an amazing year and we are seeing the best grades he's ever had. Paige is taking on kindergarten like a pro! I only wish you were here to see it all!

As the holidays approach, I know I'll be thinking of you more and more. I know that you're with me though. I feel your presence, your spirit, your love. You are forever our Angel watching over us.

Love you always

Shell...

2 comments:

The Portas said...

Aaawww, this was really sweet. Thanks for sharing this. oxox

Mandy said...

You've got me crying!!! That's beautiful.