Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day at Hanging Rock




After our original plan of going to Kentucky for Mother's Day (to spend it with my family) got nixed... I thought for sure the whole weekend would just fall apart and be like any other Sunday. But, after church we decided to give Hanging Rock State Park a try. We were told they had gorgeous trails with amazing views and lots of waterfalls. We were NOT let down!

We had a fabulous afternoon of hiking and exploring the waterfalls and cliffs. Even Paige managed to hike and climb 3 hours on a "moderate" level trail! The kids all enjoyed it and we took lots of pictures to share.

The biggest highlight of the afternoon was Mike learning to rock climb... as taught by his teenage son! The video below shows exactly how well that went!


(Disclaimer added per Mike's request...
Devin did NOT help him scale this! He was simply there to spot him LOL!)


I had a fabulous day and took a few moments out to Thank our Heavenly Father for providing such a gorgeous afternoon to spend with my family while sitting on a log just taking in the glorious scenery!

And as I sit on the back deck tonight, I thank my family for giving me a Mother's Day I will never forget!

Happy Mother's Day to Everyone!!!

1 comment:

Nina said...

Michelle You are very blessed to have such a beautiful family. May God Bless you and your family always