Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Go Paige!

Mark 8:38 says "If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

Received a phone call today from the school. Seems Paige got in trouble for talking to the other children about God before class. Her teacher overheard her and asked her to stop, Paige questioned the teacher and became frustrated, the teacher continued to tell her that she couldn't talk about God in school so Paige threw her bookbag on the floor. We were politely asked to please let our daughter know that it is not appropriate to talk about God in school. Hmmmmm.....

Will we be punishing or reprimanding Paige? Absolutely not!

But how do you explain to a first grader that she can love the Lord at home, just not at school? How ridiculous does that sound?!?

I posted this on a forum with many other Moms... here's just a few of the responses:

From Jody: "Go Paige Go!"

From her Grandpa Casto: "Taking religion out of school is not right in my mind"


From my friend Kate: "No one complains when other kids or teachers talk about their religion of carbon footprints, global warming, tolerance, gay marriage, tree hugging, etc etc etc. Go Paige!!"

From my friend Randy: "Very proud of Paige for being frustrated to have her voice silenced."

and From my friend Cheryl: "Paige, Jesus is so proud of you! Way to get them thinking about God!!"

So from all that.. I think my conversation will start with "Paige, Mommy and Daddy are very proud of you for not being afraid to talk about Jesus." From there... I will let our God take the lead.

No comments: